Last Thursday I spent the morning on New Day Cleveland! I was preparing spa products that were good enough to eat and wonderful for your skin! Take a look! You'll find the recipes below!
My number one rule. If I can’t eat it? I don’t put it on my body. Everything here is full of vitamins, minerals and Collagen enhancing ingredients to promote lovely and glowing skin!
Rule number 2? Do a patch test to make sure that you don’t have an allergic reaction to anything used here!
Rule number 3? Always Have Fun!
Mashed Fresh Fruit Body Scrub
To begin, fill a plastic bowl with chunks of ripe watermelon, papaya, a tablespoon of almond oil and a cup of brown sugar. Mash it with a fork. Step into the shower and rinse off with warm water, but don’t use soap. Then take a handful of the fruit and mash it in your palm. Starting with the arms and shoulders rub the fruit mixture into your skin in a circular motion. When you’re done with each handful, place it into another bowl that you’ve reserved for that purpose. When you’re done, rinse off with warm water and pat yourself down with sweet almond oil to which you’ve added a couple of drops of essential oil of rose. You will be a bit greasy but it will absorb quickly and your skin will be glowing and incredibly soft and sweet. Then wrap yourself in a lovely robe, curl up with a book and a lovely cup of tea and relax.
Elderberry, Blackberry and Chia Seed Superfood Freezer Jam
- 5 cups crushed Elderberries and Blackberries (about 3 pounds fruit
1/3 cup fresh meyer lemon juice (from 2 meyer lemons)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (1.75 ounces) powdered, no-sugar-needed pectin
- 2 cups of chia seeds
- Thoroughly wash, rinse, and dry seven 8-ounce plastic freezer or glass jars with tight-fitting lids. You can also use zip-top freezer bags.
- In a medium pot, combine fruit and lemon juice. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar and pectin; add to fruit, stirring until sugar mixture dissolves and fruit returns to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, add the chia seeds, then remove from heat.
- Transfer to jars or bags, leaving a 1/2-inch space on top. Seal and let sit at room temperature until jam is set, 2 to 3 hours. To store, freeze, up to 8 months. To thaw jam, transfer to the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.
Caramel Spice Coffee Sugar/Salt Glow
- 1 cup ground organic coffee.
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup of Himalayan salt.
- ½ cup sweet almond oil (add more if needed)
- 1/2 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 10 drops of vanilla essential oil
- 5 drops of essential oil of Frankincense
- 1 tablespoon of Dr. Bronners Almond Castile Soap
Blend together and store in a jar. To use, step in the shower, rinse off with warm water, but don’t use soap. Starting wherever you like, rub in the scrub and then rinse it off. Coffee scrub are known to be great for helping to release the trapped fats that cause cellulite and the Frankincense oil is so good for the skin. The castile soap just makes it all a bit easier to remove! Use your favorite moisturizer after you’ve patted yourself dry!
Mashed Pumpkin and Spice Sugar Scrub
- 1¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil or Ghee
- 10 drops of essential oil of vanilla
- 2 vitamin E capsules that you’ve opened
- 1 cup of mashed pumpkin (plain, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon of Dr. Bronners Citrus Castile Soap
Blend together and store in a jar. To use, step in the shower, rinse off with warm water, but don’t use soap. Starting wherever you like, rub in the scrub and then rinse it off. The castile soap just makes it all a bit easier to remove! Use your favorite moisturizer after you’ve patted yourself dry!
Soothing yet exfoliating Mashed Sweet potato, Banana and Kousa Dogwood Fruit Facemask
1 medium sweet potato, cooked
2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
½ medium ripe banana, peeled
3 tablespoons of Kousa Dogwood fruit pulp
2 tablespoons of coconut or date sugar
Put all of these ingredients into a food processor. Blend into a puree.
Open your pores with a warm washcloth and apply the mixture to your face , massaging in the mask using a circular motion with your fingertips. Allow the mask to set for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry. Then moisturize with a few drops of sweet almond oil. Bye Bye dry and flaking end of summer skin!